Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday dates with Elliot


Since I'm staying home with Elliot, obviously we spend a lot of time together. I take him everywhere I go & he usually does a good job while I run errands, go to the grocery store, etc.

However, on Fridays, at some point, I try to do something with him where we just spend time together. No cleaning, cooking, or errand running. Just some one on one time outside of the house. For the last few weeks we've gone to lunch, met daddy at the park for lunch, & several times, we go and hang out by the lake.


As the weather turns colder, I'll have to figure out some creative things to do on our Friday dates, but I'm sure we can find something to do. I really enjoy this time with the little boy because it makes me slow down and just appreciate the time I have to spend with my son. It is so easy, especially for me, to get caught up in my day to day chores & to-do lists and miss this little miracle we've been given

1 comment:

Sheila said...

What a great idea to get a change of scenery for you and him. I like that you try to do it on a specific day. Think I'm going to give that a whirl... Thanks for sharing. :)